Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

SalaMeMe Sammich

(this is why I need caffeine asap in the morning) 

Mommy: What’ya want for lunch? Turkey sammich or salami sammich? 

MeMe: Salami sammich. 

Mommy:  Cheese? 

MeMe: Yeah, please. 

Mommy: But no butter or mayo? Last time you said you didn’t like it. 

MeMe: No, I don’t like it when the butter gets on the salami or the cheese. It gunks them up. 

Mommy: But if it’s in the sammich, does it matter? 

MeMe: I take it out. 

Mommy: You what? 

MeMe: I take it out. I take it apart. And then I hate when the stuff’s all gunky. 

Mommy: But do you eat the bread? Wouldn’t it be dry? 

MeMe: Yeah. I eat it. Yeah. It’s dry. 

Mommy: But if you take it apart anyhow, do you just want me to leave it apart? I can make it all separate. 

MeMe: Then I can just build it? 

Mommy: Yep. But then ... if the salami and cheese don’t get gunked because they’re separate., do you want butter? 

MeMe: OK,  but what kind of bread is it? If it’s a bun, butter. If it’s bread, then prolly no butter. Or can you give me butter in a little container? 

Mommy: That’s called a deconstructed sammich. 

MeMe: A whuh? 

Mommy: A deconstructed sammich. When it’s all the parts, but they’re separated. 

MeMe: I don’t know why you have to make it so complicated, mommy.


1 comment:

  1. Oh perfect!!!! And you remained perfectly calm throughout this whole conversation? Hats off to you hon!

    ReplyDelete